Portugal Orden unserer lieben Frau von Villa Vicosa - Ordenskleinod in Brillanten.

Gold. Der Schreiftreif des Medaillons emailliert. Die gesamte Ordensdekoration mit ca 315  feinen Altschliff - Brillanten und Diamanten im Kissenschliff (Cushion) besetzt.
Die Rückseite à jour gearbeitet und fein poliert. Die Krone beweglich gearbeitet.

Prächtiges und wunderschönes, beeindruckendes  Ordenskleinod in allerfeinster, nicht zu übertreffender Juweliersqualität.

Der Orden unserer lieben Frau, auch Orden unserer lieben Frau von der Empfängnis von Vila Visiosa (Ordem de Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Vila Viçosa)  wurde am 6. Februar 1818 vom portugiesischen König Johann VI. in Rio de Janeiro (Brasilien) gestiftet wurde.

 

Das Datum der Stiftung des Ordens am 6. Februar 1818 fiel mit der Krönung von Johann VI. zusammen. Der Orden ist nach dem Stammsitz des Königshauses Braganza, benannt. Der Namensbestandteil „Vila Viçosa“ bezieht sich auf eine portugiesische Stadt, die mit dem Haus Bragança eng verknüpft war. 1461 kam die Region an der Grenze zum heutigen Spanien unter die Herrschaft der Familie Bragança. 1507 wurde der dortige Palast fertiggestellt. Erst Graf João von Bragança zog 1640 nach Lissabon, als er zum König Johann IV. von Portugal ausgerufen worden war. Der Palast in Vila Viçosa blieb Sommerresidenz. Der Hinweis auf Vila Viçosa und die dort verehrte Muttergottes bekommt eine besondere Bedeutung zu, wenn man berücksichtigt, dass der Orden in Brasilien gegründet wurde. Er unterstreicht die Bedeutung dieses Ordens für das Königshaus. Über die Anfänge des Ordens Unserer Lieben Frau von der Empfängnis von Vila Visiosa gibt es zwei verschiedene Versionen:

Die glaubwürdigere Version ist die, dass der Orden für jene als Ehrung und Auszeichnung gedacht war, die sich im Kampf gegen die napoleonische Besetzung durch ihre besondere Loyalität gegenüber dem Königshaus verdient gemacht hatten.

Die zweite Version findet sich u. a. in einem älteren deutschsprachigen Handbuch über Ritterorden aus dem Jahre 1825. Demzufolge sei der Orden ursprünglich für die königlichen Prinzessinnen eingeführt worden. – Für diese zweite Version spricht der Tatbestand, dass im 18. und auch im 17. Jahrhundert nicht selten Frauennamen als Ordensbezeichnung für Frauenorden verwendet wurden. Gegen diese zweite Version spricht allerdings, dass durch den König von Portugal am 4. November 1801 bereits eigens ein Damenorden, nämlich der Orden der heiligen Elisabeth (Isabel), gegründet worden war, dessen Statuten 1804 publiziert worden waren.

Von Anfang an gehörten zum Orden von Vila Visiosa außer dem Großmeister, den Prinzen sowie Prinzessinnen des königlichen Hauses eine festgelegte Höchstzahl von Großkreuzrittern, Komturen und Rittern sowie dienenden Brüdern. So blieb der Orden sehr elitär und wurde zum bedeutendsten aller dynastischen Orden des Hauses Bragança. Der Orden erhielt auch zwei Sitze zugewiesen: die Kapelle unserer lieben Frau zur Empfängnis zu Vila Visiosa in Alemtejo sowie die Kapelle in der königlichen Residenz. In diesen beiden Kapellen wurde jährlich am 8. Dezember zu Ehren der Patronin des Ordens ein Fest gefeiert. Alle Mitglieder, die sich nicht weiter als eine Stunde von Alemtejo entfernt aufhielten, waren mit den Statuten verpflichtet worden, an der Feierlichkeit teilzunehmen. Bei diesem Fest trugen die Mitglieder, soweit sie nicht einem anderen portugiesischen Militärorden angehörten, einen weißem Mantel mit hellblauen Schnüren oder die Vorrichtung für den Degen sowie mit der gestickten Dekoration auf der linken Mantelseite. Dem alten Orden waren organisatorisch noch zwei Bruderschaften der Heiligen Jungfrau angebunden, die bereits im 18. Jahrhundert bestanden hatten. Um Mitglied im Orden zu werden musste man einen Eid ablegen, indem man sich bereit erklärte, stets Maria, die unbefleckt Empfangene, zu verteidigen und die gewöhnlichen Opfergaben (Obolus) zu spenden. Mit Abschaffung der Monarchie 1910 ruhte der Orden. Neue Mitglieder wurden nicht investiert.

Mit der Abschaffung der Monarchie 1910 hatte die neue republikanische Regierung Portugals alle Militärorden aufgelöst, setzte diese aber später wieder ein. Ausnahmen waren der Orden Vila Viçosa und der Damenorden zur heiligen Elisabeth (Saint Isabel). Dom Duarte Pio, seit 1976 Chef des Hauses Bragança, hat am 8. Dezember 1983 (Hochfest der Unbefleckten Empfängnis, eigentlich: Hochfest der ohne Erbsünde empfangenen Jungfrau und Gottesmutter Maria)) auch den Orden Vila Viçosa wieder hergestellt.

Eines der prächtigsten portugiesischen Ordenskleinodien, das wir jemals im Angebot hatten.


Order of our Lady of Villa Vicosa - Neck Badge with Brilliants.    

This gold badge features an enameled motto ring to the medallion. The complete badge is set with approximately 315 "old cut"  diamonds mostly cushion shape.. The reverse is crafted a' jour and finely polished with a flexible crown.


Magnificent and impressive ornamented decoration of the finest jeweler's quality. 

The Order of our Lady of Conception of Villa Visiosa (Ordem de Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Vila Viçosa) was instituted on 6 February 1818 by the Portuguese King Johann VI in Rio de Janeiro (Brasil). 

The date of the foundation of the order on 6 February 1818 coincided with the coronation of John VI. 
The order is named after the ancestral seat of the Royal House of Braganza. The name "Vila Viçosa" refers to a Portuguese town that was closely linked to the House of Bragança. In 1461, the region on the border with today's Spain came under the rule of the Bragança family. The palace was completed in 1507. Count João of Bragança moved to Lisbon in 1640, when he was proclaimed King John IV of Portugal. The Palace in Vila Viçosa remained a summer residence. The reference to Vila Viçosa and Our Lady, venerated there, takes on a special significance when one considers that the order was founded in Brazil. It underlines the importance of this order for the royal house, which at that time had already endowed or bestowed a number of orders, including the "Order of Christ".

The number of knight's in all classes  of the Order of Villa Vicosa was restricted.
Thus the order remained very elitist and became the most important of all dynastic orders of the House of Bragança.
The order was also assigned two seats: the chapel of Our Lady of conception at Vila Visiosa in Alemtejo, as well as the chapel in the royal residence. In these two chapels an annual feast was held on 8 December to honor the patroness of the order.
All members who were not more than an hour away from Alemtejo had been obliged by the statutes to attend the ceremony. At this festival, unless they belonged to another Portuguese military order, the members wore a white coat with light blue cords or the device for the sword, as well as the embroidered decoration on the left side of the coat. Two brotherhoods of the Holy Virgin were still linked to the old order which had already been founded in the 18th century. In order to become a member of the order, it was necessary to take an oath, agreeing always to defend Mary Immaculate and to offer the ordinary offerings (Obolus). With the abolition of the monarchy in 1910, the order became inactive . New members were not invested.

With the abolition of the monarchy in 1910, the new republican government of Portugal dissolved all military orders but, later reinstated them. Exceptions were the order of Vila Viçosa and the order of Saint Elizabeth (Saint Isabel).
Dom Duarte Pio, head of the House of Bragança since 1976, also restored the order of Vila Viçosa on 8 December 1983 (solemnity of the Immaculate Conception).

One of the most magnificent pieces of Portuguese order insignia we have ever offered at auction in recent years.





Order of our Lady of Villa Vicosa - Neck Badge with Brilliants.    

This gold badge features an enameled motto ring to the medallion. The complete badge is set with approximately 315 "old cut"  diamonds mostly cushion shape.. The reverse is crafted a' jour and finely polished with a flexible crown.


Magnificent and impressive ornamented decoration of the finest jeweler's quality. 

The Order of our Lady of Conception of Villa Visiosa (Ordem de Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Vila Viçosa) was instituted on 6 February 1818 by the Portuguese King Johann VI in Rio de Janeiro (Brasil). 

The date of the foundation of the order on 6 February 1818 coincided with the coronation of John VI. 
The order is named after the ancestral seat of the Royal House of Braganza. The name "Vila Viçosa" refers to a Portuguese town that was closely linked to the House of Bragança. In 1461, the region on the border with today's Spain came under the rule of the Bragança family. The palace was completed in 1507. Count João of Bragança moved to Lisbon in 1640, when he was proclaimed King John IV of Portugal. The Palace in Vila Viçosa remained a summer residence. The reference to Vila Viçosa and Our Lady, venerated there, takes on a special significance when one considers that the order was founded in Brazil. It underlines the importance of this order for the royal house, which at that time had already endowed or bestowed a number of orders, including the "Order of Christ".

The number of knight's in all classes  of the Order of Villa Vicosa was restricted.
Thus the order remained very elitist and became the most important of all dynastic orders of the House of Bragança.
The order was also assigned two seats: the chapel of Our Lady of conception at Vila Visiosa in Alemtejo, as well as the chapel in the royal residence. In these two chapels an annual feast was held on 8 December to honor the patroness of the order.
All members who were not more than an hour away from Alemtejo had been obliged by the statutes to attend the ceremony. At this festival, unless they belonged to another Portuguese military order, the members wore a white coat with light blue cords or the device for the sword, as well as the embroidered decoration on the left side of the coat. Two brotherhoods of the Holy Virgin were still linked to the old order which had already been founded in the 18th century. In order to become a member of the order, it was necessary to take an oath, agreeing always to defend Mary Immaculate and to offer the ordinary offerings (Obolus). With the abolition of the monarchy in 1910, the order became inactive . New members were not invested.

With the abolition of the monarchy in 1910, the new republican government of Portugal dissolved all military orders but, later reinstated them. Exceptions were the order of Vila Viçosa and the order of Saint Elizabeth (Saint Isabel).
Dom Duarte Pio, head of the House of Bragança since 1976, also restored the order of Vila Viçosa on 8 December 1983 (solemnity of the Immaculate Conception).

One of the most magnificent pieces of Portuguese order insignia we have ever offered at auction in recent years.
Losnummer: 54
25000*
Portugal  Orden unserer lieben Frau von Villa Vicosa - Ordenskleinod in Brillanten.
Artikel 54 Foto 775
Artikel 54 Foto 776
Artikel 54 Foto 777
Artikel 54 Foto 778
Artikel 54 Foto 779
Artikel 54 Foto 780
Kontakt|Allgemeine Versteigerungs- und Geschäftsbedingungen|Datenschutz|Impressum
© Auktionshaus Andreas Thies